
And by "galore," I don't mean I will be posting tons of photos. Just discussing them.
My hard drive on my laptop is being funky monkey, which meant that I had to make a mad dash to back up all of my info onto my flash drive. It's only 2GB, so that also required some hurried de-duping of my photos to make room for my latest pics.
The upside? My photos have never been so organized! I enjoyed a stroll down memory lane going through the folders, stumbling across old pics like the one above (even if it did eat up my lunch break). That shot was the day I had my interview for this job, incidentally.
The downside? I think digital photos have complicated our lives. Seriously. There's less tangible stuff - but, then again, there's more upkeep.
Oh well. At least my photos are safe for now.
3 comments:
A good idea might be to buy a portable hard drive to just save your pics and memories on. I have this 320GB Toshiba one I got on sale at Micro Center. You can look at any electronics store like that to find them. Cheap compared to making all those memories again.
We purchased a flickr account. You pay like $25 a year, but you can upload as many pictures as you want. I try to always have all my pictures in at least two places. Either our external or regular hard drive and then also on Flickr. I think it's totally worth it, especially since I lost almost all of the digital pictures from my friends of our Europe trip. Bart and I seriously have like 6,000 pictures on there. And if you sign up I can add you as a friend...oh, and there's a free thing too that lets you add like3 25 pics a month, but it's at a lower resolution than the origionals if you had big pictures to begin with. But I think it's totally worth it for at least taht peace of mind.
Photobucket is free, or you can just make web albums with Picasa.
Post a Comment