"We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection." - Anais Nin
It's funny to see the evolution of the writer I've become while blogging.
Back in 2008 I started this blog to appease my friends (especially you, Missy dear!) who had been after me to start blogging for quite some time. I resisted, in part because I didn't know what on earth I'd blog about, and in part because as a professional journalist, I figured I wouldn't really want to write more at the end of the day.
Boy, was I ever wrong!
Blogging has become such a part of me - and in the last year, that's transitioned into being a bonafide Writer. A lot of my posts were random babblings and drivel at first, but over the last three-plus years, it's become how I deconstruct and analyze the world around me. Hate to admit it, but I straight-up think in blogpost a LOT of the time... probably more often than not, but seeing as I figure you won't read every thought that pops into my mind, I don't write them all up.
The time has come, however, to start writing my stories - not quick blogposts, but actually crafting narratives worthy of an audience larger than my own friends and family. It's been validating to get feedback lately from new friends who've praised my writing - nothing that y'all haven't been telling me for years, but there's something different when it's someone I've known a few months as opposed to the best friends I've known since high school who have to say I'm good, y'know? Yet another catalyst has given me that nudge of courage and encouragement I needed to take my craft to the next level. (I keep getting these amazing catalysts in my path this year - it's the coolest thing. They likely have no clue the effect they've had, but it's made all the difference in the world!)
So... what's next? Well, my feet are nearly back on the ground again, and in the next few weeks, I'll be getting serious about writing. And I'll need readers. I don't want to put this stuff out on the blog, and I'd really, really love some constructive criticism. Happy feedback's nice, too, but I really want the feedback on what could be improved to make my writing the best it can be. I've got a friend here at work who does that for each Latter-day Shalom post, and his help is invaluable.
So, who's in? If you're interested in being one of my readers, please leave a comment on here or shoot me a note via Facebook or email, and I'll add you to my list. There won't be tons flooding in - maybe one a month? Thanks in advance to those who are interested!
6 comments:
I'll read you.
I want to be a reader! mrsjstrange@gmail.com
I'll do it!
I'd love to be a reader Christa...if you'll have me. ;o)
Me. But you already knew that. :)
Count me in!
Post a Comment