Today is the second day in a row that I've gone to work thinking I can suck it up and tough out feeling crappy, only to go home around 10 a.m., which is definitely out of the routine for me!
I am exhausted. Flat on my back, all I do is sleep all day, exhausted. I think it's due to maybe a smidge of the flu or something - my voice was crackly a la an adolescent boy on Monday and Tuesday, so something was definitely going on there - but besides throwing up once and being kind of achy, I don't so much feel sick as I just plain feel wiped out, and anything I eat gives me a stomach ache, so I'm taken to just barely eating at all the last few days.
So today I went to the doctor's, since I needed him to fill my prescriptions anyways, and I wanted a muscle relaxant for my back and shoulder, which have been KILLING me since Monday. That I attribute to stress. Cyclobenz-something-or-other is amazing - I'm quite looking forward to taking some before I conk out for the night.
Anyways - my doctor, Dr. P, is a screwy man. He kind of fumbles, never looks me in the eye... I just go to him because he was my family's doctor. I don't like him, and this will likely be my last visit to him, but I didn't have much of a choice. Good enough, right?
Well, today, we had he the weirdest conversation!
Dr. P: Are you pregnant?
Me: Ummmmm, no. Definitely not.
Dr. P: How can you be sure?
Me: Well, seeing as I'm not sexually active, unless immaculate conception still happens, that would be impossible.
My doctor knows I'm LDS, so he just started laughing and making jokes about how maybe I'm the Virgin Mary, and did the Angel Moroni appear to me? Yeah. Awkward.
Mind you, I feel like crap and just want to go home. At least I managed to talk him out of drawing any blood.
So, next thing you know, he's asking if I'm married - and then asking why not? (Because nobody's ever asked!) And then he pries into my dating life, asking if I'm seeing anyone, really pressing me about it.
I caved and just mentioned that I'm interested in a friend a little, but who knows where that'll go - he proceeds to give me oodles and oodles of advice, telling me to make a move or to tell the guy I'm interested.
Um, no. Last time I tried that, eight months lapsed before I talked to the guy again!
Snowballs have a better chance of lasting in hell then I have of ever putting myself out there point blank again.
All in all, it was just weird.
Once he finally gets to writing out the prescriptions, when it comes to the muscle relaxant, he rattles off a list of options and asks which I want!!! Like I know the difference! Luckily the one I got is the same one I got for a similar muscle ache in college. It does WONDERS, I tell ya'.
Then I went to Costco to fill my prescriptions, which was a nightmare in and of itself. It took 3 1/2 hours altogether for me to go to the doctor and the pharmacy!!! Ridiculous. I just sat on the bench by the pharmacy inside Costco and leaned my head back, completely exhausted - and a few passers-by were like, don't fall asleep!
So, that's my story for the day. Sorry if it's soooooo rambly, but I'm still exhausted. All I did was sleep yesterday, and today's been the same deal.
It's the ward Halloween party tonight - I'm so torn, wanting to go, but then again, how much fun will an exhausted hippie be? Maybe I'll make an appearance, mostly to see everyone else's costumes. Maybe you'll get some fun pics... :)
4 comments:
Don't you love it when random people pry about your love life? Your doctor story kind of reminds me of that guy that told Karen she should get some blonde highlights. I hope you feel better soon!
Hope you feel better, ya random awakward convos are weird! Hope the party was fun and that you went! I want pictures if you did! ;0)
Don't wanna put yourself out there, huh? Now you know what it feels like from a guy's perspective. :)
Hope you feel better!
LOL, when I read your symptoms I thought, "Man Christa, if you were married I'd say you were pregnant." Te he he. Yeah, time for a new doctor. Weird Dr. P.
Post a Comment