Well, friends, today is Day 3 of Christa's Sick-in-Bed Film Festival.
Seriously, being sick is getting so boring! I'm so used to being so busy and active all the time, it's so weird for me to just be home, chillaxin'. At first the rest was nice, but today I'm feeling a smidge stir-crazy. Like, running to Costco to pick up some prescriptions in an hour sounds more thrilling than my last trip to Disneyland. Seriously. It's all relative, I s'pose.
This morning, while zapping some pasta for breakfast (yeah, I'm not big into breakfast foods for breakfast), I had an interesting thought: What on earth would people do on sick days in, say, the 1800s?
Think about it. All my life, sick days have almost been sort of... well, fun's not quite the right word... but it's nice to be able to watch movies and be somewhat entertained when your brain's not totally up for some deep reading. But can you imagine if you didn't have TV to watch? Music to listen to? An Internet connection and cell phone to keep you in touch with the Outside World?
I think I would die!
So, although being sick is no fun, I am sure glad that I'm sick in the 21st Century. It sure beats staring at the ceiling - or, even worse, the yellow wallpaper. *shudder*
And to add onto the illness-induced thoughts of thankfulness, boy, am I ever glad I'm single and childless! I don't know how you mothers do it, being sick but still caring for your kidlets and hubbies. You don't ever really get a sick day, do you? Yipes! I can't imagine.
And on that note, I'm going to go shower so I can be halfway presentable to those fine folks at the Costco. Boy, am I ever excited to get out of the apartment! Maybe I'll even get a Polish dog. Yum!
3 comments:
On that note...I've been sick over a week with Kidney stones and crap. Having a kid can really be hard when you can't even function. My husband works from home (7am-4pm) so that helps some of the time and thankfully he's only taken a total of 8 hours off to help me (since Bri and I usually sleep till at least 9). Enjoy being sick and not married cause it's no picnic with a kid(s).
I hate being sick. Hate hate hate. Watching movies gets reeeeally old after awhile.
And in the 1800s they probably just died.
Yeah, I'm getting pretty sick of being sick. Today is my fourth - and hopefully final - day in bed. I'm pretty much over watching movies by this point. Thankfully, I finally feel up to reading, so I'm poring over "Austenland," a fun chick-lit book I snagged at Deseret Book in the fall. As much as I love deeper reading, sometimes it's too much fun to jump into silly fluff.
Post a Comment