Monday, December 06, 2010

Apolo Update

Well, friends, I finally got to meet Olympic gold medalist Apolo Ohno this weekend! He was doing a book signing in downtown Salt Lake City on Saturday, so my amazing friend Haas indulged my ridiculousness and came with. We had so much fun! The line wasn't too bad, and we enjoyed chatting with the people behind and in front of us.


After we went through the line, we noticed there was no line anymore! Not a huge turnout. So we hung around a little longer and got some posed pics with Apolo.



It was fun to meet someone I've admired for years, but it's also always a little disappointing. Obviously they don't know you from Adam, so it's a weird dynamic. You admire them, but to them, you're just another face in the crowd. Still, it was fun to seize on the opportunity while it was present.

1 comment:

Whitty said...

This is too cool! He came to IF once, but I was busy that night. You rock.