You know, places where you need to own shoes other than heels and flipflops, where snow falls (and sticks), where you can't get away with running out the door sans a coat (let alone gloves, scarf, hat, etc.).
I know. I'm spoiled.
This morning I checked the weather and just about flipped when it said it was 46 degrees in Laguna Beach. 46 degrees?! Are you kidding me?! That's freeeeeeezing!!!! Unbearable! It's been pretty chilly for the last week or two, and yesterday, we even got rain. Lots and lots of rain.
This is crazy winter weather, kids.
But reality sets in when I see my friends' weather comments on their Facebook statuses and blogs. Snow and ice in Seattle. -30 degrees with the wind chill in Minnesota. Three inches of snow in Provo.
I guess I shouldn't complain, right?
I honestly don't even know how I survived spending 5+ years of my life in Utah! I mean, I know I did it and all, and I acclimated to it well, too.
Maybe this below-50 degrees stuff isn't soooo awful. I mean, it was too cold to have the sunroof open this morning, and the park's probably too soggy and chilly to have my daily lunchtime picnic, but other than that, the blue skies and snowless ground look pretty inviting.
5 comments:
No, you're right. In my opinion. This "hotter than hell" thing is for the birds.
Hot is paradise. Hell must be cooooooooooooold.
You're so spoiled. =-)
When I worked in Texas, they would have indoor recess when it reached 50 degrees. I'm like, put a coat on and lets go!
I feel the same way christa!! hahaha now that we live in texas and is HOT, I cannot stand cold!! buaaaaa
(Ps:by the way I went private in my blog, and I sent you an invitation to view, just in case:D)
fynny how even me, a girl who spent an entire winter hating the -30 degree weather in Minnesota, could even complain about this 40 degree arctic chill, but honey, i do. i HATE the cold. bring me back to the 70's please!!!
Personally, I think we have a perfect right to complain about the cold, because I had to scrape my windshield this morning before I could drive to work. In La Crescenta!!
Post a Comment