Monday, December 08, 2008

A Different Kind of Marriage Protest

Heather posted this hilarious, award-winning marriage-protest spoof, and I just had to share it. Does the protestor look familiar?



(Yep, the "protestor" is the brilliant Ryan Simmons - we were at BYU at the same time, and while I didn't know him, I knew of him through friends and thoroughly enjoyed his antics at the Playmill Theatre. Kid's got SERIOUS talent!!!)

I guess this won the New York, NY Stake Film Festival (only in NYC or LA could you actually have a stake film festival!) - and I definitely see why. This is the first Prop. 8 satire that's gotten me laughing!

4 comments:

Ryan and Missy- said...

That was awesome...Ryan is still laughing!

Christa Jeanne said...

Ummm, yeah... I've watched this at least seven or eight times, and I STILL just can't get enough of it! Such a winner!

Amy said...

Love it!!! He was in my ward at the villa. He was so funny! Very unique. I think he had more shoes than any girl.

I saw this at work, where there is no sound. I need to watch it at home. Thanks for posting!

chris said...

Speaking of prop 8.
http://www.frontierspublishing.com/2716/yourworld/breaking_news_12_08_2008.html