I consider myself richly and incredibly blessed to be a member of the San Clemente 5th Ward. Seriously, every week I get to interact multiple times with some extremely talented, big-hearted, amazing people who are all ultimately striving for the same eternal goal of returning to live in God's presence once more.
But, lest you think all we do is piously don sackcloth and ashes - we know how to have some fun, too. Last night our ward had a film festival / Academy Awards party, where everyone (really - all but maybe five people in attendance) dolled up in their finest, including tuxes and formals, to watch five short films people made and just altogether enjoy one another's company. It was one of the most fun activities I've ever attended in all 8 1/2 years of my singles ward days! Pretty impressive.
I snapped TONS of event photos (150+, in case you were wondering!), but alas, they require some intensive editing before I can make them public (bad lighting + still figuring out the optimal settings on my camera). Lucky for you, though, the amazing Trey posted the Best Picture award winner on Vimeo, and now I can share it with you wonderful people! Seriously, it is so hilarious!
Fast Sunday from Trey on Vimeo.
See? Didn't I tell you so? I love, love, LOVE my ward!!!! I hope that now you do, too. :)
P.S.: Man, after being a single for so long, it's weird to attend a family ward*!!! I went to another ward for part of church today to see Adrian and Emily bless their darling daughter, Morgan (a baby blessing is like our version of a christening). Normal wards are so loud, with all the kids clamoring about!!! Then I went to my ward, and wow, you could hear a pin drop. I don't know how my friends with kids focus at church!
(*Translation: my congregation, or "ward," is made up of singles between the ages of 18 and 31ish, plus about 5 middle-aged couples called to serve in the singles ward. Normal wards where all LDS people within a geographical boundary are referred to as "family wards.")
3 comments:
Your friends did a great job on the video. Really funny. What a great ward activity.
Great video! We're in a tiny branch, in the middle of Utah. It's so weird.
Seriously, family wards are hard! Cody and I had to make a rule that we can't sit behind someone with kids, because if we do, we can't focus! :) They are too cute, too loud, and too bouncy! I don't know what we'll do when we have kids...straight-jackets maybe?
Post a Comment