Change can be a struggle for many, but to me, it is so energizing! The world is too full of amazing sights and sounds, places and people and experiences to stagnate or to stay in a status quo.
Well, the last couple of years have been nothing but change. It's almost dizzying, really, to reflect and see that my life now shares precious little with my life two years ago - and yet it's dynamic and interesting and fabulous. The last couple of months in particular, though - basically post-GRE madness - have been phenomenal in the renewing sense. I felt the urgency to basically spring clean my life (including going all What Not to Wear on my closet), and between that and having the means and necessity to replace items that had worn out, I've purchased a new computer, new iPhone, new car, new wardrobe, new wallet (isn't it adorable?!).
And now I feel like I'm entering this new season of my life as well. Today is a lovely - albeit brisk - spring day, and I feel like the renewal of spring has finally hit my life in full force. There are so many opportunities ahead! I've met some awesome people in the last few months, and I'm really excited to further those friendships and see where those roads lead. This weekend my dear roommate Amy moved out, and a sweet new roommate, Anne, took her place. I'm so thrilled to get to know her better and to be a friend to her.
For those of you LDS folks, I don't know if you've heard, but the YSA wards were completely redone in the Salt Lake valley - 12 new YSA stakes with 10 wards each. My new ward was created at stake conference yesterday, and we've received strong new direction in the work of serving and reaching out to peers in need. It reminds me of the search-and-rescue effort we did leading up to the YSA Conference in California during summer 2009, only it's a permanent effort, and I am thrilled to see how the work plays out.
Tomorrow I start rehearsals for the Lehi City Arts production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. How excited am I to get involved with this fun play and to make friends in the cast?! I wasn't fully engaged in Singin' in the Rain and really regretted not optimizing the experience, so it'll be great to do this one right. I've already met some really fun gals at callbacks who made the cast, and... well... let's hope there are some single sons among the tribes of Israel, too, right? ;)
And so, yes, here I sit, anticipating the awesomeness this next season of my life holds. Really, anything is possible - and that is such a freeing, exciting feeling. It's been nice to ramp up and recharge for the last couple of months, resuscitating my flatlined social life, taking care of longtime needs, slashing things off my to-do list left and right (including filing paperwork for a passport and CFP! Yippee!). The duckies are in a row, the groundwork is laid, and I am ready to soar into the best summer yet!
3 comments:
Woohoo! I, like you, love change! I also love your wallet and want one! Good luck on everything coming up and that passport of yours will be so much fun to use :)
You should have posted a picture of your old wallet, too. ;)
I know, right?! I'd already thrown it out. :/ It was falling apart at the seams! So glad we stopped at Fossil. :)
Post a Comment