Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Go, Go, Go, Joseph!


Ohhhhhhh man. This is going to be a FUN summer.

Last night was our first rehearsal for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, brought to you by the Lehi Arts Council. We sang through the entire show to the Donny Osmond / London cast recording - I had forgotten just how fun this show is!!! We were laughing so hard, catching some of the lyrics that you just don't pick up normally (like how the chorus sings "banana - banana - banana - banana" throughout the calypso-style song in the background!). Everyone in the cast seems like a ton of fun, including the few folks I knew already from Singin' in the Rain (i.e. Kris, who was "Cosmo Brown," is playing "Pharaoh"!). I've already made fast friends with one of the gals I met at auditions. Plus there's some serious talent in this bunch!!! It's going to be a fabulous show. I know this'll make my already-packed life even busier, but it soooooo will be worth the sacrifice.

Mark your calendars, friends! The play runs from Friday, July 22, to Saturday, July 30 (every night except Sunday) at Lehi High School (right by the Roller Mills). Yes, we're going to be in an actual theater this time around. :) Hope you can make it!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

yay! I'm going to be in Utah at that time. Save me a ticket :)

Christa Jeanne said...

GAH!!! Tabitha, that makes me soooo happy!!! :D Hopefully you guys can coordinate with Rebecca and Haas - maybe you could all come together?