Monday, November 24, 2008

Apparently I missed the whole "women's lib" movement

It's that time of year again!

In some families, a "wish list" for birthdays and Christmas is considered offensive. My mom, for one, hates the practice because it shows a lack of thought on the part of the giver.

These days I feel a little weird about asking for stuff anyways, so I skipped the birthday list this year.

And, as a result, my dad and stepmom didn't give me a present. Well, they gave me a Route 66 travel guide, but they said that was just an aside - they would have gotten me a "real" present, but I never told them what I wanted!

I think I learned my lesson.

So, I just emailed my Christmas list to my dad, stepmom and grandma. This year's list was fairly streamlined:

Cast-iron skillet (I'm kinda sorta drooling over this cherry red one to match my Le Creuset dutch oven, but I'll take any skillet of the cast-iron variety)...
Sewing machine, so I can finish my quilt (although I'm always so busy, it might just gather dust if I get one now)...

An apron or two. And not any apron - check out these adorable ones from Boojiboo's Etsy shop (I prefer the "Bella" pattern, personally):


How cute is that one, with the Kitchenaid mixers and Jello molds?! Love, love, LOVE it!!!

And isn't this one just the loveliest?

*sigh*

I think I'm in love...

Oh, and rounding out the list are gift cards to H&M, Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and Kohl's. Ever since I cut up my credit cards, I've abstained from clothes shopping. My closet's already ridiculously full, but a gal can always use some new threads...

And then I think to myself - am I from the 1950s or what?! Cooking, sewing, fashion - all the things a little housewife needs.

Oh well... color me domestic. At least I don't have to wait 'til marriage to get the kitchen of my dreams!

And when that blessed day comes, well, I'll have a dowry. I can just see it now...

Want Christa for a wife? We'll throw in an entire kitchen set, complete with an excellent chef! Slices, dices and juliennes fries!

What's on your wish list this Christmas? Comment away! I want to hear, people! :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Missy- said...

Ryan and I already got or gift for eachother, it's our new kitchen table.

But I've asked the parents and in-laws for: Nordstrom gift cards - since we got the Rack in Laguna Hills, I'm dying to shop!! Sephora gift card. Disneyland pass. And a darling argyle sweater from the gap. Oh, and a pair of Vans.